Wednesday, September 10, 2014

7. Driving Me Crazy

  I had an interesting day today. The goals were simple: get a Minnesota driver's license and get Minnesota plates for my car. I took the not so simple way to get there...

Woodbury DMV
Eagan DMV
First, I searched for the local DMVs to figure out which one is the closest that offers both the services I needed. Minneapolis was the closest. When I got there, the building was a giant government sky-scraper and parking was going to cost an arm and a leg and I couldn't find a spot anyway. I drove around the parking ramp for 10 minutes before I just left. I drove down the road until I found the highway then I took the highway until I found an exit I knew and then I was back on campus. I pulled over and googled again for DMVs but this time I looked for ones closer to Woodbury (familiar territory). I found one! I drove there. They were able to help with the plates but not the driver's license. Since the plates were the more pressing issue, I was okay with that. Once back in the parking lot of the Woodbury DMV, I plugged the address of the Eagan testing center into the GPS and I was off (I had heard through cousins and co-workers that Eagan was the nicest when administering a test). When I finally got there, I was a little lost on the procedure of how to get an application for a license and fill it all out and all that jazz but not worry. It all turned out well in the end (even if the Eagan DMV lady wasn't actually all that nice).
I passed and now I have MN plates and a MN license :) I am an official MN citizen (kinda...).



No comments:

Post a Comment