Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Behind the wheel...

Well, not yet.  But I am allowed to be now, as long as I have an adult in the car and its between any daylight hour.  I got my permit today!!!  Talk about a nerve-racking experience.  I wasn't too nervous walking in, but after we checked in and received our number, I started to freak.  I was sitting there, absorbing every last piece of information I could from my manual before it was my turn.  Every time the little robotic voice would come over the loud speaker and say "now serving number..." I felt my heart thud against my rib cage.  My little sister would say, "its not you," and my mom would tell me to calm down.  Eventually though, it was me.  I took an extremely easy vision test and my photograph was taken.  They then told be to go down to computer 4 and it was time.  37 days 17 hours and 46 minutes after I was eligible for my permit, I got it.  My mom let me drive the car in the neighborhood.  I did alright (I hope).  After I got home, my father had fun entertaining me with stories about children crashing and totaling their parents' car.  Something new to worry about...

No comments:

Post a Comment